Monday, April 5, 2010

Why I need the resurrection in 100 words or less.

I'm still kind of soaking in the whole resurrection thing...thought this was pretty strong.

A peice by Kara Root from http://www.patheos.com/

I need the Resurrection because my sister is sick and can't afford insurance,

Because I've told a weeping Haitian mom, "No, I can't take your son home with me."

Because I've been rushed off a Jerusalem street so a robot could blow up a bag that could've blown up us.

Because I've exploded in rage and watched their tiny faces cloud with hurt.

Because evil is pervasive and I participate.

I need the Resurrection because it promises that in the end all wrongs are made right.

Death loses.

Hope triumphs.

And Life and Love

Prevail.
 

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for the " Good News" that is Christ final actions here on earth, rising from death to life. Every time I choose life instead of death I am grateful for that privilege. The privilege that is being able to choose life over death in all that I do because Christ first chose me. His choice still baffles me, my choices still baffle me. One day maybe it will all make sense but until that day when I am grateful for life. Resurrected life, what a gift!!

    ReplyDelete